The search is to find the “world’s first” Christmas wine taster to join the festive team of a UK based wine merchants.
House of Townend are calling all red wine fans to apply for the unique opportunity.
The job, which will last for one month, will have you judging up to six different bottles of red wine within two weeks while suggesting key areas for improvement.
Successful candidates will be paid in red wine and are able to fit in the sampling around their regular full time job as long as they are based in the UK.
A spokesperson for the Yorkshire based company said: “Our favourite season of the year is upon us and the elves here at House of Townend have been working very hard to bring you only the finest wine this Christmas.
“After all, when else in the year can we drink Champagne for breakfast, decadent red wines for lunch, and finish off with lashings of Port by 3 p.m.?”
Here’s everything you need to know before applying:
The Job Role
The successful candidate will be the world’s first Christmas wine taster. It is a fixed-term contract for one month, with a highly competitive rate reflective of wine tasting experience.
House of Townend say this role requires perseverance, dedication, and a refined palate.
Within two weeks, the chosen candidate will be required to provide input on up to six different bottles.
The Christmas wine taster will work directly with the innovation and customer service team as well as overseeing the new product selection for sparkling wine, plus making incremental improvements on existing products.
What will you be doing exactly?
● Sampling a range of the world’s best red wine
● Reporting on primary, secondary and tertiary aromas
● Rating taste, texture and length
● Suggesting key areas for improvement to the Innovation team
What House of Townend are looking for?
● Someone who has a genuine passion for the Christmas holidays
● Someone who is committed to making their Christmas Day lunch perfect with only the best wine
● Well versed in the language and art of tasting
How to apply
Simply fill out your name, age, and email address online.
There’s no tricky interview process as a lucky winner will be chosen at random and announced December 16.
Terms & Conditions
● The job opening is for one individual only and the successful candidate will be paid in red wine.
● Application deadline is 15th December and the start date is 16th December
● Over 18’s only
● Candidates can have a separate full-time job during the duration of role but they do have to be UK based